Youth Access Service: What we do
Our Youth Access Service provides support and referrals for young people aged 12 – 18 years in the local community.
• Provide service regardless of gender, religion, sexuality, race or disability
• Provide information about community services and resources available for young people
• Arrange for the referral of clients to appropriate specialists or community agencies
• Work closely with teachers, social and welfare workers, local authorities, health professionals, refuge workers, parents and, in some situations, the police
• Provide information and referral regarding health matters affecting young people.
• Support young people experiencing difficulties at home, work, school, drug and alcohol abuse, abuse, housing, illness and other
• Provide support and advice to young people experiencing difficulties , such as family problems, unemployment, illness, drug or alcohol abuse and homelessness
• Provide opportunities for young people to develop independence and community living skills and family/household management skills.
• Arrange and provide counselling and/or food, shelter or clothing
Click here to view the Youth Access Information Brochure.